Ex UFC champ Tyron Woodley returns for high-stakes top fight
Tyron Woodley, former UFC welterweight champion, is back! After a lengthy absence from the UFC octagon, Woodley will return to face red-hot British prospect Leon Edwards at UFC London on March 21st. The UFC have yet to announce the bout, which is slated to be the main event, though MMA Junkie have confirmed the booking and match placement ahead of the bout. Woodley was one of the first to announce the bout, which he did on Twitter.
View this post on Instagram
– Merry Christmas ?? @leon_edwardsmma watch what you ask for. Now you about to get fucked clean up at the crib! – #NoChills #UFCLondon #March21 #MainEvent #Redemption – @ufc send me that lil fancy flier to post! – [email protected] “No Chill” (download it)
- Tyron Woodley wants to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov: “Do it at a catchweight”
- Logan Paul in the UFC? “I wouldn’t be surprised,” says Tyron Woodley
- MMA reactions to Leon Edwards domination, Greg Hardy’s TKO win
- Jorge Masvidal GOES OFF on Leon Edwards: “I’m going to murder that guy”
Woodley has had a tough 2019. He entered the year as UFC welterweight champion with four title defences behind him. However he was ultimately dominated by new and current welterweight champion Kamaru Usman at UFC 235, losing via unanimous decision. He was then scheduled to face former champ Robbie Lawler at UFC on ESPN 3, but was forced to withdraw due to injury.
Edwards has been streaking in the UFC, and is undefeated since 2016. He has lined up eight straight wins in the UFC, including victories over Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Gunnar Nelson. He most recently defeated former lightweight champion Rafel dos Anjos.